Wednesday, July 13, 2016

POWER - July 13 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter One, “Bring on the Giants.” P.4

THE POWER IS THE HOLY SPIRIT

As a young man full of desire to be all that God wanted me to be, I truly believed I could do anything.  Give me a challenge and I would get it done.  If someone said, “You can’t,” I would say, “Watch me.”  It was bold, youthful folly in some ways, and absolutely full of belief in others.  I really meant it, and whatever the task, I gave it my all.

About that same time, Thurlow Spurr (who was mentoring me) said, “you can work 90% and inspire 10% or you can inspire 90% and work 10%.”  Learning that saved me some time in getting things done!  That, along with the more mature discovery that if you wanted to make a difference for Christ in this world, you had to learn to depend and surrender your will to the Holy Spirit.  He is the true inspirer and that’s where the power is.  Once I realized this truth, the Lord was able to use my energy for His plan.

David’s power throughout his whole life came at his anointing as a youth.  Once Samuel had gathered all of Jesse’s sons and the Lord confirmed that the youngest, David, was to be the next king, 1 Sam.16:13 says, “So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came upon David in power.”

You have untapped power available to you today as well.  In Acts 1:8 Jesus said to his followers, “…you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witness…”.  Jesus made it clear that to have the Holy Spirit in your life, you need to ask for Him to come in.  “If you then know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”  Luke 11:13

That’s the prayer we need to pray every day.  In 1987, the Continentals toured the musical, ELIJAH.  The big song was called “Power”.  Here are the lyrics of the chorus:  

“There is power when you pray, 
power when you stay 
on your knees thru the night; 
when you wait for the answer to come 
even after the morning light.  
There is power when you pray 
the impossible away, 
believe and receive.  
There is power when God’s people pray.”  

Now that you know where the power comes from,


ASK GOD TO FILL YOU 
WITH HIS HOLY SPIRIT

No comments:

Post a Comment