Wednesday, July 27, 2016

BE LED - July 27 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter 5  “All” p. 72

BE LED

The question was, “How did the Continentals start?”  Then, “Where did you get the idea?”  An hour later, after divulging my life story to the Mexican Continentals, the bottom line was the same as it’s always been, “I focused on making myself available to whatever God wanted from my life.   I wanted to make a difference.  I spent time every day during my college years telling the Lord these things.  I meant it.  I wanted Him to use me.” 

I went to every Deeper Life meeting and event I could find and, as a result, I listened to many of the great men God had used to do amazing things.  Stephen Olford, (Olford of London) left me with “totalitarian surrender”. That was 60 years ago and the phrase still reverberates in my heart and motivates me.  The Lord gives us ideas and lays out His plans to achieve them.

God wants to use you, too, and if you ask Him to, He will.  It’s a prayer he always answers.  It may not end up a global ministry, but it will be powerful and effective if you follow God’s leading. He uses people like you and me.

I have just been with the Mexican Continentals.  Here is a picture with Ross (Rosalba), their Director.

She has her own business as a graphic designer and is taking time off to reach people for Christ through a music ministry.  Here is a brief video of her preaching during their concert followed by a picture of people making their decision to follow Jesus Christ.  






God is using Ross - she is being led. Pray for this Continental tour as they sing and make a difference throughout the Mexico City area right now.

David said in Psalm 143:10, “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good spirit lead me on level ground.”  And in Psalm 27:11, “Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path.”  David knew about bumps in the road and he encountered them almost every day that God was leading him.  It kept his eyes on the Lord and it didn’t stop him from going forward either.
   

ASK THE LORD TO KEEP YOUR PATH 
STRAIGHT AND LEVEL!


No comments:

Post a Comment