Friday, July 8, 2016

PATIENCE - July 8 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter Two, “Sit At God’s Round Table,” pp. 23-25



PATIENCE…. IS NOT MY VIRTUE!


Well, that’s being harsh on myself, but I have to admit, I have stepped through doors believing I had the perfect plan before there was a clear “ok go for it” from the Lord.  This goes along with my feelings about waiting in lines, as well as being in traffic, when I know the Lord wants me somewhere at a certain time and there is just no way without wings.

Small stuff for sure when you think about David.  He was anointed King as a teenager and had to be patient for 20 years before it really happened. Most of that time he was running, afraid, and fighting for his life.  Just the same, he was able to say in his Psalm 40:1-2, “I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit…He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.”  And as hard and terrifying as it must have been, he lived what he said, “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.” Ps. 37:7.

When you want a decision right now, and have to convince someone over you like a boss, a manager, an administrator, a government official, or a lead pastor, take heart from Solomon’s wise words in Proverbs 25:15, “Through patience, a ruler can be persuaded….”  David, his father, adds, “Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord.”

Patience really was one of David’s 10 virtues, and one each of us should aspire to. So, don’t wait around and think about it,

BE PATIENT RIGHT NOW!




No comments:

Post a Comment