Monday, July 11, 2016

ATTITUDE - July 11 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter One, “Bring on the Giants” p. 8


ATTITUDE IS 
EVERYTHING                

Mine is good today.  The weather is perfect, had some time for a few sets of tennis.  I can feel the Lord giving me direction.  I am extremely grateful and I’m letting Him know about it.  As things fall into place, today is easy… so far.

It’s when things get hard or out of hand that we seem to lose our good attitude.  Frustration, anger and impatience rise to the surface and spill over on everyone around us.

Some days when you realize how really hard it is for most people in the world, and you look at your friends or acquaintances suffering with physical or financial difficulties, then you can put your situation in a proper perspective.

David understood that the Lord knew everything and was totally in charge of his life when he wrote, “O Lord, you have searched me, and You know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways…You hem me in, behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me….” Ps. 139: 1-6.

Here’s how Jesus said we should handle the things coming our way, “Do not worry saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink’ or ‘What shall we wear?...But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore, do no worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Consider this, God may have interrupted your schedule or your plan to save you from grief or trouble.  Sometimes disaster is averted because our plans got temporarily disrupted and the Lord was behind it all the time!

Come to grips with the fact that the Lord must be in control or we are out of control.  Like our friend Andrae Crouch wrote - 

 “I’ve got confidence, God is gonna see me through.  
No matter what the case may be, 
I know He’s gonna fix it for me.”

He’s got your front and your back, so be ok with that and do your best to…


KEEP A GOOD ATTITUDE




No comments:

Post a Comment