Thursday, June 30, 2016

WHEN GOD CLOSES THE DOOR... June 30 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
CHAPTER ONE, “Bring on the Giants.” P. 1


...HE OPENS A WINDOW           

        


 “When God closes the door He opens a window,
He opens a window so I can see
He’s workin’ it out the very best for me
He opens a window just for me.”





Ronna Jordan wrote that song for our musical “The Dreamer” in `1983.  And the truth is, if it’s God’s business we are in, why should we care if it’s door #3 or a window?  Our part is to be available, a servant, and do what The Lord has placed in front of us until we are given direction to move on, no matter how many doors get closed on the way there.

At the end of his ministry here on earth, Jesus told his disciples not to worry about the future. He said, “My Father will give you whatever you ask in my Name.  Until now, you have not asked for anything in my Name.  Ask, and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” Our asking God for direction to follow His will is exactly what He wants as well. So, I believe the answers will most certainly come as we are asking with the right motive.

In David’s case, after he was told by Samuel what His calling and destiny would be, the Spirit of God came on him in power. But, the sheep pen’s door still got closed behind him and the window in front led back to the pasture.  God did not feel David was ready to be king quite yet.  But David was still able to say, “Show me the way I should go, for to You, I lift up my soul.  Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good spirit lead me on level ground… for I am Your servant.” Ps. 143:8,10,12.

Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would come on us in power as well. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses…to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

Paul told us in I Thessalonians 5:16-18 what God’s will for us was. He said, “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

And I will add….

KEEP YOUR WINDOWS OPEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment