Monday, June 6, 2016

WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART? - Today's Perspective


               
PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
PRELUDE “The Heart of the Matter…is the heart!”  XXI-XXIV                  

WHAT’S IN YOUR HEART?

It’s more important than what’s in your wallet!  David wrote in Psalm 139:23-24: “Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Have you ever thought about what part of you is your heart?
The Bible teaches the heart is who you are on the inside.  David called it, “all my inmost being” in Psalm 103:1.

Your mind and thoughts, your spirit and soul, your personality, your persona - all of it is your heart.  It is who you are on the inside.  If you fill yourself with good thoughts and feelings along with good motivations, and surround yourself with people like that, chances are good things will come out of your mouth.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:34, “Out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. The Bible talks a lot about the heart and Jon Sherberg caught the essence of it in his song:
                          
WHERE YOUR HEART IS… 
           
“I guess it all comes down to where your heart is,
It’s there your thoughts and feelings all begin…”

Jesus, his disciples and apostles and probably your own pastor and hopefully your parents all talked about having a pure heart. 


Now there is something worthwhile to have your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment