Thursday, June 16, 2016

SEND ME - June 16 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter one, P. 1

SEND ME - I WILL GO

I had lunch today with a former Continental who traveled with us to Puerto Rico, Haiti and Jamaica in 1967.  He caught the vision of a world in need and eventually found himself raising his family in the Congo, flying for Mission Aviation Fellowship.

Tomorrow I meet with a Christian businessman who works for Tommy Bahama.  Both are following where God has led them.

David’s words reverberate in my mind thinking about this diversity…  “show me the way I should go, for to you, I lift up my soul. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may your good spirit lead me on level ground… for I am your servant."  Ps. 143: 8,10 and 12

Once we have made our commitment to follow the Lord and to do whatever He has laid out in front of us, we begin to carry His light everywhere.

But you need this special attitude that shouts out, “Send Me…I will go, I want to be the one who makes the difference.”

This reminds me of Isaiah 6:8-9 “…I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?”  And I said, “Here I am.  Send me!”  He said, “Go!

I remember a rehearsal camp in 1985 at Arrowhead Springs.  Paul Eshleman from Campus Crusade was challenging our directors to go to some remote corner of the world and show the Jesus Film to people who had never heard the name “Jesus”.  Music and film -  what great tools to bring people together to hear the good news. Paul prayed as we bowed.  When I opened my eyes, an aforementioned director, initials (J.E.W.), had his face in mine and he said, “Send me! I want to be the one to go!”

He did go and others went as well. Jim Schmidt, current CEO of the Continentals Global Foundation, and I went to El Salvador to see firsthand how the film’s mission worked.  Then Jim took a group of Continentals to West Africa with Scott Wesley Brown.  They sang and showed the film; slept in dung huts and natives from villages came and for the first time ever, heard the name of Jesus and discovered new life in a dark corner of the world.

It makes no difference where God leads you, but….


IT’S TIME TO GO

No comments:

Post a Comment