Wednesday, June 29, 2016

SET THEM FREE - June 29 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter Seven, “Cry Out and Shout” p. 92


SET THEM FREE                                                 


That was the title of the album and our theme in 1991.  It was an era when freedom was on everyone’s lips and on everyone’s minds.  Eastern Europe was getting free from Communism and South Africa was gaining freedom from Apartheid.  The Continental groups were touring in all of these countries with the message that Jesus Christ would SET THEM FREE as well, and the message was received with great excitement.

We sang songs like “Now I am Free”, “I Will Speak Out”, Wayne Watson’s “Freedom” and Tim Hosman’s “Takin’ The Message to the World.”  Our message was Jesus’ words in John 8:32, “…If you hold to My teaching, you are really My disciples.  Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”  In Galatians 5:1, the apostle Paul exclaimed, “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.”

David spent his life freeing Israel from enemies on all of its borders.  Finally, he succeeded and in 2 Sam. 22:1-2 it says, “David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.  He said, ‘The Lord is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer…’" and in verse 47 of this song he sings, “The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior.”

It’s the same song we sing!  This is our calling, and yours as well.  It is the goal and destiny of every Christian.  Jesus said in Mark 16:15, “…Go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation.”  David said it in a way that puts music to it, “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear (respect) and put their trust in the Lord… I do not seal my lips, as you know, O Lord.  I do not hide Your righteousness in my heart; I speak of Your faithfulness and salvation.  I do not conceal Your love and Your truth from the great assembly.”  Ps.40:3 and 9-10

And neither do we.  Let’s reach out to our world and…

SET THEM FREE





No comments:

Post a Comment