Monday, June 12, 2017

Mission of Love – Monday June 12, 2017


REWIND… THE CONTINENTALS OPENING NIGHT… JUNE 1999

                                          
MISSION OF LOVE                                    

                     

Avalon had just had a big hit in the CCM world, “Testify to Love” and we had to use it.  It was 1999, and we used it all that year, along with Michael W.’s “Cry for Love”, The Martin’s fun country gospel song “Out of His Great Love”, and Greg Nelson and Bob Farrell’s “Cross of Love”. The words “…  Jesus what a sacrifice to reach us, it must have been a cross of love”.  And a lot of other great songs on the “love” theme.

We always viewed the ministry of The Continental Singers as a mission, when I spoke to the new Continentals at rehearsal camp that summer I talked of FIVE missions - listen in….

1.   God’s mission of love… was to send us His Son.  The reason is written so clearly in 1st John 4:9, “This is how God showed His love among us, He sent His one and only Son into the world, that we might live through Him.”
2.   Jesus’ mission of love…is all of you Continentals sitting out there tonight.  Paul wrote that God demonstrated His own love for us in this, “That while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  Speaking to His disciples, and to us as His friends, Jesus said these famous words, “Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
3.   Your mission of love… is to love each other.  Jesus said, “My command is this, love each other as I have loved you.”  As a Continental that means to be an encourager not a complainer.  Do something nice for one of your tour members every day.  Love on the people who come to your concerts.  Be grateful to your host families.  Those are easy things that make a difference in the attitude of your whole ministry.When things are tough and maybe you have a long, late Saturday night concert, and the tear down is in a gym a long way from the bus, and you just heard you have to be at a church by 6:30 for an 8:00 o’clock, 9:30, and 11:00 a.m. morning performances.  Be loving… have a good attitude and pray our booking department did not also book a Sunday night like I told them to!!
4.   The Continental Singers mission of love is in three parts.  First, we want this to be the greatest experience of your life.  We call this growth time for you, “a life changing experience”.   And that years from now, you will look back and remember this time as just that.  Second, we want people to know about Jesus and to ask Him into their lives.  You will be our evangelists and Jesus’ ambassadors through your testimonies and the words you sing. And thirdly, we just want to inspire and bring joy to your audiences.  I want you to give them the best night they will have all year!
5.   Cam’s (My) mission of love… is to be a world changer.  Before there was ever a Continental, this was my goal.  I want to make a difference in everything I do, in your life and everyone’s we come in contact with.  I have always believed The Continental Singers could be a part of bringing hope to a world that needs Jesus Christ.  I believe we did.  I believe we still do.  And, I am counting on you to carry our mission of love to the whole world this summer.

Right now though, I want to take a minute to bless you… I bless you in Jesus name.  I believe in you.  I believe in your success and I pledge I will pray and stand strong for you, no matter what, until I see you again at the end of your tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment