Wednesday, September 14, 2016

TAKE HEART - Sept 14 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter 3, “Live in the Moment” p. 49


JOY                                                   


I had a long talk with a good friend today who has, as she said, “cancer everywhere.”   There was such a beautiful spirit full of joy as she shared with me how the Lord as given her such a peace and joy.  “He’s so close” she says, “I’m not afraid anymore.  I’m proud of how I brought up my children.  They are all doing so great and I asked the Lord for the privilege of seeing my grandchild this summer and He answered my prayer.”

We all have our heartaches and tough times, and the Lord gives us strength to come through them if we ask Him.  He is so faithful, Praise Him!

David did, too, and he said it hundreds of times. Here are a couple examples, “Show me the wonder of your great love… Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings” Ps 17: 7 and 8.

When we face the deepest and darkest times, He is there to show us the wonder of His love.  How great is that!  Our friend Andrae Croutch wrote, 

“Through it all, Through it all, I’ve learned to trust in Jesus, I’ve learned to trust in God.  Through it all, Through it all, I’ve learned to trust in His word”

And Jesus' words in John 16:33 are, “I have told you these things that in Me you might have peace.  In the world you will have trouble.  But take heart.  I have overcome the world.”

So no matter what…

TAKE HEART… HAVE JOY!


2 comments: