Thursday, September 22, 2016

BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS



SEPTEMBER 22
BIRTHDAY BLOG
PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS

Chapter Two, “Sit at God’s Round Table.” 


BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS…MANY THANKS


Truly, thank all of you for your FaceBook messages today.  I am so blessed!  Wishes from around the Globe… awesome!
It wasn’t his birthday, but when David wrote Psalm 8, “How majestic is Your name in all the earth!”, he had just killed Goliath, and yup, he was thankful!  Michael W. liked it as well!

I have loved my life in music.  God’s calling is the best!  And throughout my life, I really had no choice but to follow His plan. Often, I really did not know where the next step would go, but I took it anyway.  Such is His leading.  I’ve been thinking today of so many songs and one that sticks out this morning is Andrae Crouch’s, “It Won’t Be Long.” We recorded it in 1979… here’s some lyrics…

“Count the years as months, count the months as weeks.  Count the weeks as days, any day now, we’ll be going home.”
Andrae is home now.  And I just praise God for good health, and hope to hang around here a little longer, but time is zipping by, just like the song says.

From my early days with Thurlow Spurr, I actually sing these lyrics every day, at sunset time, standing or sitting on the cliffs with my dog, Maverick, and looking out at the very big ocean, and magnificent sky filled with all kinds of colored clouds.

“How big is God, how big and wide His vast domain! To try to tell these lips can only start.  He’s big enough to rule His mighty universe, yet small enough to live within my heart.”  

Then right away I think of Nichole Nordeman’s song, “Small Enough”.

“There have been moments when I could not face Goliath on my own.  And how could I forget, we marched around our share of Jerichos.  But I will not be setting out a fleece for You tonight, just want to know that everything will be all right.  Oh Great God, be close enough to feel you now”.

I received a sweet message from Greg Nelson this morning who said, “Today I’m celebrating the day you were born.  Yep, that was a Great day.”  And let’s all remember 1985 when we first heard Steve Green sing Greg’s great song, “People Need the Lord.” As we sent off 15 Continental tours that summer, that song was our calling and our invitation, too.  

“We are called to take His light,  To a world where wrong seems right. What could be too great a cost for sharing life with one who’s lost? For People Need the Lord…”

That’s who we are, and that’s what we do…


THANKS FOR MY BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS… ALL OF YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment