Monday, August 15, 2016

THINK RIGHT - Aug 15 Today's Perspective

PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter Three “Live in the Moment” pp. 45, 50

SPEAK RIGHT

David was not politically correct.  He was concerned that what he said was correct in God’s eyes.  He said, “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Ps. 19:4

Our thoughts and actions are to be centered on what is right, not necessarily on what our secular society sees as right or might want to judge or penalize us for, but what the Lord ordained as right.  He said, “I, the Lord, search the heart and examine the mind to reward man according to his conduct.” Jer. 17:10

To bring it to reality, Jesus said, “Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.” Matt. 12:34. 
So, once again, it is time to look within our hearts and examine our beliefs. It is there, in the depths of who we really are, that we prove our honesty and loyalty or fall prey to what others want us to believe or how they want us to act or speak. Again, David said, “Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord, keep watch over the door of my lips.  Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil….” Ps. 141:3-4
Jesus gave us a strong warning in Matthew 7:13-14 about correct living and the position we should take.  He said, “Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
I am afraid we are being herded off the narrow path and into the broad way.  Just pray that the Lord will give us the courage to…

THINK RIGHT AND SPEAK RIGHT



No comments:

Post a Comment