Thursday, May 26, 2016

CREATIVE JUICES - Today's Perspective from David's 7 Secrets


May 26, 2016  PERSPECTIVES FROM DAVID’S 7 SECRETS
Chapter one, “Bring on the Giants”  p. 8,

CREATIVE JUICES

No matter what you are trying to do, chances are you need some creative ideas to be successful.  And once in the flow, you just want to keep those creative juices flowing!
I have always believed good ideas come from God.  He created everything and obviously there is no idea new to Him.  He has lots of them, so it just makes sense to ask for His assistance.  I believe they are carried on the wind of the Holy Spirit.
Sometimes a great idea will come to two or more people at the same time.  A case in point is the song, “No Fool” written from a statement by Jim Elliott (martyred missionary in Ecuador in 1956.)  “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”
Sometime in 1988  both Twila Paris and Scott Wesley Brown, wrote a song with that title, over 30 years after Jim penned the phrase.  Both were recorded, and both had the same message and both were successful.  Obviously the Holy Spirit wanted that message out that year.
Did you ever wonder if God knows exactly what your needs are for  creative answers right now, today, or how someone like King David, who was running a nation, judging long lines of people’s problems every day, who led the army in the spring as they conquered every nation on their borders, oversaw the government and the economy and watched over his own family and still had time to be creative?  Here is what he wrote in Psalm 139:  “O Lord, you have searched me and know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.  You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.”


God’s hand is on you and me as well and if we need a good idea, we both know where to go to find it.

1 comment:

  1. Cam...you know that I crave creativity. As one who writes I have many times relied on the prompting of the Lord to complete the turn of a phrase. Your blog today reminds me of why I do that. thanks for the words.

    ReplyDelete