Friday, September 8, 2017

KEEP ME AS THE APPLE OF YOUR EYE - Friday Sept. 8, 2017




REVERBERATIONS  FROM DAVID’S PSALMS



“KEEP ME AS THE APPLE OF YOUR EYE” 
Image result for KEEP ME AS THE APPLE OF YOUR EYE Friday, September 8



Psalm 17:  “I call on You, O God, for You will answer me…Show the wonder of Your great love.” (v.6-7)
 
 A PRAYER OF DAVID


This is one of the most beautiful prayers ever written and for sure it was one from David’s youth.  It was certainly before he was king and before some proudful personal decisions resulted in some terrible personal disasters.

No, this is a youthful David who prayed one night, “Though You probe my heart and examine me at night, though You test me, You will find nothing”. (v.3) Here for sure is a young man sitting at God’s round table!  Full of integrity!  Falsely accused. Trusting God to save him because he believes he is doing everything right.

There was a time when David and his band of renegades were basically surrounded (he says that in v.11).  They were going around a mountain. Saul and his 3,000 were coming from the other side.  Had God not intervened, and had Saul not called off the hunt to rush back to fight a sudden Philistine uprising, he would have caught up with David for sure.

But here, David reminded the Lord, “My steps have held to Your paths; my feet have not slipped”. (v.5) Then, he goes on adding how bad his enemies really were with phrases like, “The wicked who assail me…”, “They close up their callous hearts…”, “My mortal enemies…”, “Like a lion hungry for prey, crouching in cover”, “Whose mouths speak with arrogance…”, “They have tracked me down and now surround me”.  Whew, he was not pleased with his circumstances at all, but he still has a good, positive ending to his prayer.  “When I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness.”

David always believed God heard him, would eventually answer, and he would get to see God’s greatness in His creation another day.  And for us, whether the answer is the one we want or not, with some patience like David had, in His time God will also answer our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment