Monday, September 18, 2017

“FAITH IN MOTION” - Monday Sept. 17, 2017

REWIND...THE CONTINENTAL SINGERS OPENING NIGHT

REAHEARSAL CAMP, JUNE 1996

It was a summer to learn about faith.  We had some exciting new faith songs like, “Where No Man Has Gone Before”, “Field of Faith”, and we really felt just like our song, “On The Frontline” as we were putting our “Faith In Motion”!
                                   


LET’S PLEASE HIM

I’m a music guy.  I love it.  I believe it can communicate Jesus’ love for people, but for the next few minutes I want to be your teacher, not your producer, and the subject is Faith.

I realize most of you understand the definition of faith as found in the book of Hebrews, the 11th chapter, referred to as the “Faith” chapter.  The very first verse is the key.  It doesn’t mince words or leave you guessing.  It simply says these powerful words. “Now faith is being SURE of what you hope for”.  There is no wondering or guessing in that.  The word is “sure”.  Faith is being positive of something. It’s certain. Real faith is something we can stand on. But as Christians, how do we get more of it?


This Bible, right here, says that faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the words of Christ. This is clear and it comes from Romans 10:6.  Bottom line for us?  It means Jesus’ words written here in this Bible will build and grow our faith.  But there’s more!  It also says, “and without faith it is impossible to please God”.   Our desire needs to be to please the Lord.  Listen to this - just as Jesus was being baptized and about to start his ministry, like you are tonight, God’s voice boomed down from heaven and said to Him, “You are My son, whom I love; with You I am well pleased.”  Jesus always did what pleased the Father and He said so in John 8:29,  “The One who sent Me is with Me, for I always do what pleases Him.”  And the result of that was this, “Even as He spoke, many put their trust in Him”.

I am standing here in front of you tonight with this same big desire, I want to please Him.  I want my life to make a difference in this world.  I want it to count for something, and that something is to stand strong for Him and do whatever He wants me to.

Listen to me, the great Apostle Paul said this, “We live by faith, not by sight”.  Like Paul, we don’t always see where we are going either! Actually, you might really get to believe that this summer! Paul added to that, “We make it our goal to please Him”.  Now you know, that’s our goal, too.

The disciple John said this about it, “We receive from Him anything we ask because we do what pleases Him”.  I really want to do that, too, and the result is awesome!  I want to hear a big, “Well Done” from Him when I see Him.  My faith tells me that you do, too!

Jesus was never astounded by someone’s talent.  He was not impressed by wisdom or education, but He was always amazed by one thing - PEOPLE’S FAITH.

That’s how you will please Him this summer, too.  I have faith that:

…..your life will never be the same!
…..Your ministry to people will be effective!
…..Churches will be blessed by your songs!
…..Hundreds of children will get sponsored!
….You will come home all charged up and full of faith!


Amaze Jesus by your faith this summer.
IT WILL PLEASE HIM

And your tour ministry will be blessed and overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment