Monday, July 31, 2017

“OVER THE LINE” – Monday July 31, 2017


REWIND… DIRECTORS CAMP, JUNE 1989
                             


MY MISSION IS CLEAR                                                


In 1989 we were singing a medley called, “Let the Whole World Sing” and another called, “A Story and a Song for the Nations”. We had big ideas, and big expectations, of reaching the whole world with the gospel wrapped up in musical productions.  I had all kinds of motivational phrases I used on the directors from the very beginning like, “You can do anything you want to if you want to bad enough”, "To whom much is given, much is required”, “If there’s no stage when you get there, build one” and “Attitude is everything”. And when a new rookie director came to me with the deflating word that there was too much equipment to fit under the bus, my response was always, “Do I have to go load your bus for you?”

We were probably in Palm Springs, 110°-115° in the day, but much nicer in the evening, sitting around the pool getting to know each other and listening to what everyone had been through that year. We prayed together and listened to each of their expectations for the summer.  It was in a setting like this that I read something I had just found called, “Declaration for the 21st Century” by John Osteen.  Here it is for you to digest!


“I am part of the unashamed.  I have Holy Spirit power.  The dye has been cast.  I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made.  I am a disciple of Jesus.  I will not look back, let up or slow down, back away or be still.  My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure.  I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, chinsey giving, dwarf goals.  I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, prominence, plaudence or popularity.  I don’t have to be right.  I don’t have to be first.  I don’t have to be tops.  I don’t have to be recognized.  I don’t have to be praised.  I don’t have to be regarded nor rewarded.  I now live by presence, lean by faith, walk with patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.  My face is set.  My gate is fast.  My goal is heaven.  My road is narrow.  My way is rough. My companions few.  My guide is reliable.  MY MISSION IS CLEAR.  I cannot be bought.  I cannot be compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, diluted, or turned away.  I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, meander in the maze of mediocrity.  I will not give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ.  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until he stops me.  And when He comes for his own, He will have no trouble recognizing me because my colors are clear. (And I added)  Because…                                             
I  AM  A  CONTINENTAL  DIRECTOR




No comments:

Post a Comment