Friday, May 26, 2017

Angels and Shields - May 26, 2017

REVERBERATIONS FROM DAVID’S PSALMS

Psalm 3

“…You are a shield around me, O Lord; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.”


ANGELS AND SHIELDS        

In Psalm 3, David is writing about a personal disaster. God is shielding him from a rebellion led by his son, Absalom.   Have you ever had an experience where you felt God had just protected or shielded you from some seen or unseen disaster? 

Jesus once talked about angels watching over children in Matthew 18:10 when He said, “See that you do not look down on one of these little ones.  For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of My Father in heaven.”

What a fabulous fact.  AS GOD’S CHILDREN, WE HAVE ANGELS WATCHING OVER US!  Hebrews confirms it again, “Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who inherit salvation?”  We have angels watching over us so that we can fulfill God’s calling on our lives.

For sure, I know of multiple times some of these angels came to my rescue, just in the nick of time, to preserve my life so that I could continue to follow the destiny God had laid out for my life.  You may have had such experiences yourself.  It’s amazing, isn’t it?

Whoever wrote Psalm 91 said it so very plainly, “If you make the Most High your dwelling….He will command His angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hand….”

Wow, that’s amazing! And it still happens today.  It has happened to me. If your heart is fully committed to the Lord, it will happen to you.

You are not an angel, but you do have one watching over you!   


Be sure you have a committed heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment